Thursday, November 19, 2009

BIG NEWS... about something really small!!

After what feels like forever of keeping our secret this past weekend we told everyone that...

We have really BIG NEWS... about something really small.

Oh my was it ever fun to see every ones expressions when we told them that we are EXPECTING!! Then when they found out that I was already 3 months they couldn't believe that we kept our secret FOR SO LONG! It was not overly difficult earlier on to keep the secret, but as it came closer reveal day we became more anxious and couldn't wait for the day when everyone knew.

We had alot fun telling our families and friends...

My parents were the first to know. We told them about 3 weeks ago over dinner at our house. (We planned on keeping the secret from everyone but as my Dad was leaving for a 5 week job on the Island, we had to tell them first. No way am I going to tell my Dad that he is going to be a Grandpa over the phone) For the past while my Mom has been wanting to buy me something and she keeps asking me what it was that I wanted, so I would say "I'm thinking about it" each time.. So in the middle of dinner I said "Oh Mom, I've thought about what you can buy... maybe you can buy something for the Nursery!!" She was in disbelief, and was over the moon, and for the rest of the evening kept saying "this is surreal". We told them how we planned to keep it a secret until 3 months, so they couldn't tell a soul. My Dad was not so sure my Mom would be able to do it, but she did and boy was she proud that she did.

This past weekend was it... the weekend that we were going to tell EVERYONE, so I had planned a Girls Night at my house with my Girlfriends that I've known for 25+ years (Kathy, Jenica, Laura and Brooke). I had an outfit made for Georgia with the words "I'm the Big Cousin" embroidered on it. At first Brooke didn't get it, but Kathy sure did her face was priceless. Then Brooke took a second look, and everyone was soooo HAPPY with tears of joy!! It was surly a night to remember.

The rest of the weekend was filled with us sharing our news with everyone else, and Monday I told my office. Brooke insisted that I my co-workers in a fun way, so she said that she would send a fax with a message on it spilling the beans. But to my surprise she dropped off this gorgeous bouquet at my office. By the time the girls at the front brought them back to me, there was a big commotion and everyone was standing in my office.


Thank you Brooke for the beautiful flowers!!!!
So since you now know the secret too... I can blab blab blab about all things BABY!!!! Eeeek... I can't believe that we have been waiting SO many years for this and were are only 6 months away from meeting our baby!! I'm off to have happy dreams...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your were able to keep this secret for so long!!! I was so happy and shocked! Thinking back to my reaction, I guess I am my mothers daughter. (cry Baby)LOL.
SO EXCITING!!!! Can wait to find out WHO is in there!!
Love Brooke

Anonymous said...

Heh, who are you calling a cry baby...?...Mois...Yes we are so thrilled to for you Nadine & Richard. Can hardly wait to meet our second grandbaby.. YESSSS!xo

Leslie said...

Yay!!! Congrats! So exciting... you are going to love the journey. :)